Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Coconut-Blueberry-Lemon Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting



Coconut-Blueberry-Lemon Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting....what a mouthful! This is a light and summery cake with lots of wonderful flavors that really compliment one another. While making our anniversary cake, I found I was missing ingredients for the cake I was going to originally make. I went to the pantry, fridge and freezer and came up with this..

Coconut-Blueberry-Lemon Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Instructions
Your favorite Lemon Cake box mix or recipe
3/4 c Shredded Coconut

Mix the cake mix as instructed and add the shredded coconut. Bake in desired pan and cool.

Filling:
2 cups blueberries (if frozen, thawed)
1/3 c sugar
3 T cornstarch
1 t lemon juice
1/4 c water

Heat, stir and smash the blueberries until the mixture boils and thickens. Cool completely before using. You can also skip this step and buy jarred preserves.

Cream Cheese Frosting
Use the recipe posted here

Put it all together! If you are frosting a cake, you will want to freeze the cake layers before assembling. This is the step I skipped, which is the reason my cake is so ugly. :O)

I wanted a mini cake...so I baked mine in a 8x11 dish, and used the leftover batter for cupcakes. You can customize this any way you would like! I left the coconut out of the cupcakes, and they were very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment