Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Raisin Bran Muffins



Lately I Have had an obsession with Raisin Bran Cereal. Our grocery store recently had a HUGE sale on Kellog's cereal so I stocked up! I wanted to make a semi-healthy muffin out of it...so here is the recipe I came up with. Next time I will add more raisins, but other than that I loved the muffin! Brooke is a huge fan so I will be freezing some and hiding them away for breakfast. Hope you enjoy!

Raisin Bran Muffins
Ingredients:
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/3 c sugar
3 T brown sugar
2 1/2 c. raisin bran cereal
1/3 c canola or vegetable oil
1 egg
1 1/4 c buttermilk (don't have any? make our own...so simple...go HERE)
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/4 c raisins (optional)
Raw Sugar or White Sugar for sprinkling before baking (optional)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Line a muffin pan with liners, or spray with cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, soda, salt, sugars and cereal (and extra raisins if using). In a separate bowl stir together oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla.

Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir. Let sit for about 30 minutes to soften the cereal.

Divide batter between 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake 15-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment