Thursday, April 28, 2011

Flat & Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies


I just wanted to share this flat & crispy chocolate chip recipe with you. I prefer a more soft, thick, bakery style cookie. Landon prefers the flat and crispy kind. I have to admit...these are pretty good. I kind of felt like I could eat more because they were so much thinner than my normal cookies. ha ha. Behind this jar of cookies is my new favorite kitchen tool. Thank you mom and dad for the ipad! I am loving it using it OFTEN!

Flat & Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 sticks butter
1/2 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 T baking soda
1/2 T salt
1 egg & 1 yolk
1/2 t vanilla
1 bag chocolate chips or M&M's (semi, dark or milk...your choice!)

Preheat oven to 325.

Melt the butter and allow it to cool slightly. Mix the sugars and the melted butter. Add the eggs slowly and mix. Add vanilla.

Sift together the flour, soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate.

Drop heaping tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 11-14 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool on the sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.


1 comment:

  1. hello! silly question realy! sorry ive not done any baking for years! i was just wondering what kind of shelf life do these have?! i have simalar jars to yours with a rubber seal to make them air tight n i was just wondering how long they could stay fresh like that?!
    thanks for the recipe they look perfect just what ive been searching for! :D

    kat

    ReplyDelete