Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Paula Deen's Favorite Chocolate Pie


I just love my Paula Deen Chocolate Magazine. I have made several things and they NEVER FAIL! Best thing about this pie is there isn't a pound of butter in it...that makes it healthy, right??? I had a frozen pie crust and a tub of cool whip that were taking up too much room in my freezer....so I decided to make this pie! It is cold, smooth, creamy and CHOCOLATE! It was a hit at our house and I wanted to share this easy recipe with you!

Paula's Favorite Chocolate Pie

Ingredients:
1 refrigerated or frozen pie crust, baked
2/3 c sugar
1/4 c cornstarch
1/8 t salt
6 egg yolks
2 1/2 c milk
4 ounces semisweet chocolate
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (use semisweet if you don't have bittersweet)
1 container of cool whip (i used lite!)

Bake the pie crust as directed.

In a large sauce pan whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt.

In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolks and milk. Add to the sugar mixture whisking until smooth. Bring this to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly (YOU DON'T WANT SCRAMBLED EGGS!). boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate, whisking until it is melted and the mixture is smooth. Pour into the crust and chill for 4 hours. Top the pie with cool whip and sprinkle some cocoa powder or chocolate chips over the top! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment