Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Morning Oats

Our Beautiful Kitchen


We have finally moved into our new home! We love everything about it and really appreciate all the little things. My favorite room of our house is the kitchen. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and I love that it opens up to the living room. It has a dishwasher (my first!), granite, and several outlets. Our last little house only had 2 outlets for the entire kitchen. I know our kitchen has some amazing granite (which I love), but I can't get over the number of outlets.

Since things have been so busy here and baking has been slow, I thought I would post my favorite breakfast recipe. This is a breakfast I make for myself almost every day of the week. I love homemade oatmeal, and this is a quick and easy recipe. You can change it up with your favorite toppings for variety. The banana makes the oatmeal creamy and sweet. My favorite variation is Dark Chocolate Almond Butter and Coconut. Healthy and Hearty!

My Favorite Oatmeal
Ingredients:
1/3 c old fashioned oats
2/3 c water
splash of milk
Half of a banana (sliced)

Add-in's
Nutella (yum)
Peanut Butter/Almond Butter
Raisins/Cinnamon
Blueberries/Strawberries
Almonds/Pecans
Brown Sugar
Coconut
Chocolate Chips

Throw everything in a small saucepan and turn the heat on medium. Wait until the oatmeal starts bubbling (about 3 minutes) and stir with a spoon for just a couple minutes. The bananas will heat up and melt into the oatmeal. When the oatmeal is thick, top with your favorite add-ins and enjoy a yummy breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment