Sunday, September 30, 2012

Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings


The crockpot is seriously the best invention ever.  We use it at least 2 times a week here.  I wasn't sure how this Chicken & Dumplings would turn out - I hate soggy biscuits.  It was wonderful!  Landon said it also tasted great as leftovers the next day.  It made our dinner rotation and I just add whatever I have on hand to the pot.  Peas, carrots, rice....just to add some heartiness!  I promise you won't be disappointed!

Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings

Ingredients
3 Chicken Breasts, thawed
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup (i used the healthy choice)
1 can chicken broth (i used the low sodium healthy choice)
1/2 onion, diced
salt/pepper to taste
any "mix ins" you like - peas, carrots, rice, etc.
Biscuit Dough (you can use the canned kind, or whip up some bisquick.  I used 1/2 of the recipe of bisquick for biscuits)

Instructions
Place the chicken in the crock pot and season with some salt and pepper.  Add the soup, broth and onions.  If you add rice, I waited to add cooked rice before I put the biscuits on. This will look gross....just kind of give it a quick stir and then cover and leave it alone for about 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.  

Remove the chicken and cut or shred with the fork.  Return it to the soup mixture.  Cut (or tear) the biscuits into small pieces and stir them into the mixture.  Return the lid and cook on high for about 30 minutes, or until the biscuits are done.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment