Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cinnamon Crunch Coffee Cake - Guest Post by Kellie

I am so excited to welcome my amazingly talented friend Kellie to This Hungry Mama Bakes today!  She is my first guest blogger!  I would like to start featuring a guest every week, to build my "online recipe book" and give all my friends the opportunity to share a favorite recipe!

Meet Kellie...


Isn't she adorable?!?  She and her husband Daniel are just the cutest newlyweds...


Kellie & I worked at Northland Camp together over at Pioneer Village.  I have some fond memories of my last summer at Camp.  We need to have a reunion!!!


You can visit her blog here.  She has some amazing recipes and diy tutorials you will love!

Thanks for guest posting today Kellie....on to your Cinnamon Crunch Coffee Cake!

Happy October!  With the start of fall comes lots of baking!  It's one of my favorite parts of this season (though I usually pay for it with a few pounds).  I really enjoy following the lives of the Millers via Tamara's blog, "Four Girls & a Daddy", but I'm especially glad she has "This Hungry Mama Bakes" back in business!  I've missed it.  I appreciate Tamara letting me guest post on this blog.  How fun!

I want to share with y'all one of my favorite breakfast sweets, Cinnamon Crunch Coffee Cake.  A friend from camp shared this recipe with me several years ago and I've made it many times since.  It's an easy, go-to recipe to feed a lot of people.  My extended Kaminski family especially loves it!  I've make it on two vacations for them.  Now mind you, this is not a recipe for those of you trying to be super healthy (i try too)...because it is very sweet!  But maybe you can treat yourself!


Cinnamon Crunch Coffee Cake

Ingredients:

1 package of yellow cake mix
2 packages of instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1 cup of nuts (pecans or walnuts or mixture)
1 cup water

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease 9x13 inch baking pan, or a 10-inch bundt cake pan.

In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix and vanilla pudding mixes.  Add the eggs, oil, and water.  Mix until well blended.  In another bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts.  Pour half the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with half of the nut mixture.  Cover with the rest of the batter and sprinkle with the rest of the nut mixture.  

Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven and then turn the oven down to 325 and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes.  Enjoy this coffee cake for breakfast or brunch!

*visit my blog at kelliekaminski.blogspot.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment