Friday, October 15, 2010

Blueberry Zucchini Bread



So I found the solution to my batter eating obsession...make desserts with Zucchini in them. I didn't even lick any of the batter that got on my fingers. Let's be honest...the little zucchini pieces grossed me out...until I tasted this WONDERFUL bread! I have been wanting to try a zucchini bread recipe for a long time....I bought some on sale yesterday and decided to go with this blueberry bread recipe. I made them in my mini loaf pan (which I adore), individually wrapped them, and stuck most of the loaves in the freezer. They are the perfect size for Brooke and I to share in the morning. This is probably the only way I can get her to eat a vegetable right now.

Blueberry Zucchini Bread


Ingredients:
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. applesauce
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg white
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. shredded zucchini
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c. fresh blueberries (or more!)
Raw Sugar for sprinkling

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a regular loaf pans, 3 mini loaf pans, or muffin pans
-In large bowl, combine oil and/or applesauce, sugars, egg and vanilla.
-Stir to combine well.
-Stir in zucchini to combine.
Add flour, salt, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and fold ingredients until just barely combined.
-Fold in blueberries.
-Place into loaf pan(s) and top with raw sugar.
-Place in center of oven to bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 60-75 minutes for loaf pan and 35-40 minutes for miniature loaf pans and 25 minutes for muffins.
-Let cool in pans for 15 minutes and remove to let cool completely before slicing and serving.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I love pretty much any kind of zucchini bread! I will have to try all these recipes when I can eat more:)(Evie has a very sensitive tummy,so I'm not eating very much; but it's helping me too:))

    ReplyDelete