Friday, October 29, 2010

Candy Corn Kissed Shortbread Brownies



Here is a fun recipe for you...you get to enjoy brownies with little Candy Corn surprises inside and a shortbread crust. These would be especially great with the pumpkin spice kisses...I was just trying to make something WITHOUT pumpkin for once. I can't wait until the Christmas candy comes out, so I can make these with peppermint kisses. Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Ingredients:
1 box of your favorite brownie mix
1 stick softened butter
1/4 C granulated sugar
1 Tn packed brown sugar
3/4 C plus 2 T flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 bag Candy Corn Kisses, or any flavor you like, unwrapped

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, set batter aside. In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until creamy and light. Slowly add flour and salt until combined. Press shortbread dough into an 8 x 11 inch (or something similar) baking dish lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Top shortbread dough with about 25 kisses then pour brownie batter evenly over top of kisses. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.

2. Place remaining kisses in double broiler or microwave to melt. Spread melted chocolate over brownies and sprinkle for a fun topping!

3. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Tamara, Those look amazing! I am starting to think I need to just pay you a weekly fee to bring your many forms of deliciousness into my life. I found a blog the other day called Bake It in a Cake and have been been wanting to experiment with putting yummy things in cupcakes ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine! Hope you are doing well! These brownies are SO GOOD! I bought some christmas kisses, and I can't wait to make them with those. :O) I looked at that Bake it in a cake blog, and it looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete