Friday, October 1, 2010

Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake



YES...i ate this for breakfast, and NO i am not ashamed. :O) I felt that between 45 minutes with Jillian this morning, and my kitchen fiasco yesterday, I DESERVED IT. ha ha. We are going to a friends house to carve pumpkins tonight, and I thought it would be the perfect time to try this cheesecake recipe. I really didn't (okay I am sort of lying) want to cut into the cake, but I felt like I HAD to try it to make sure it tasted good. I popped the cheesecake in the oven yesterday afternoon, and finally sat down to eat lunch and work on tu-tu's. I thought my contacts were dry and foggy, but then i realized that it was actually smoke that was filling the room. The cheesecake goodness was leaking out of the bottom of the cheesecake pan. So I had to open the oven up to clean the bottom of the oven while the cheesecake was cooking. Thank goodness the girls were sleeping, because it was SMOKEY. I was worried my cheesecake wasn't going to make it. One hour later, and one burnt arm later....i crossed my fingers and pulled the cheesecake out. It is not one of the prettiest desserts I have ever made, but it sure does taste good! The Pioneer Woman never disappoints. Check out her "Caramel Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake" recipe here.

4 comments:

  1. Is it bad if I start licking the computer screen???

    Seriously, you put the most scrumptious looking desserts on here! Keep it up! I still have not been able to try any of them out, but I cannot wait to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Jill! :O)

    These recipes are just to yummy to keep to myself! :O) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cheesecake pan has done that before too! Did you end up putting anything under it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I put a baking sheet under it....next time I will wrap it in foil. It has never done that before though!

    ReplyDelete