Monday, August 8, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream (no machine required!)


For the last two years I have been longing for the ice cream maker attachment that goes on my kitchenaid. It just hasn't been in the budget this year, and past birthday and christmas money have gone to buying clothes for my little ones or OLD furniture from craigslist. Oh well...it is probably better for all of us that we don't have an ice cream maker. I have been wanting to try this easy ice cream recipe for a long time. It is SUPER simple, and I just threw in some brownies from the freezer, chocolate syrup from the fridge, and chocolate chips from the pantry. Next time I want to add some coffee and chocolate for a mocha flavor. Go here for the original recipe and mix-in ideas.

Ingredients:
2 cups of whipping cream
1 can eagle brand condensed milk (low-fat works well!)
Your mix-ins!

Whip your cream until stiff peaks form. Add your mix-in's to the condensed milk in a large bowl. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Pour into a 2 quart container and freeze until firm, abou 4-6 hours. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment