Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal


I don't know about y'all, but I am welcoming fall with open arms.  We have been enjoying the cooler weather, warm soups, lots of family time and of course, many pumpkin recipes.  We went to a pumpkin patch and my friend Amber shot this family photo for us - I LOVE it!  ALL the girls are looking!
I love steel-cut oatmeal.  I usually make a batch (on the stove) at the beginning of the week to store in the fridge breakfast.  I decided to try making them in the crockpot. I adapted the recipe from Weight Watchers and I REALLY love it.   It smells amazing while cooking, and I have been enjoying it for breakfast every morning.  You can add your own "fixings"...whatever suits your fancy!  I usually add a few chocolate chips, flax seed, raisins and bananas.  It's like eating dessert for breakfast.  

Ingredients:
3 cups water
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup steel cut oats
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup honey (optional...you can add sweetener of choice when serving)

Instructions:
Put everything in the crockpot and stir together really well.

Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.  Stir together well before serving.  ENJOY!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment