Friday, October 19, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie


I love quick and easy dinners.  I had a set of Pillsbury Pie Crusts just waiting in the fridge to be made into some kind of pie.  I picked up a roasted chicken from Sam's, picked the meat off, and made chicken broth with the bones (instructions here).  I also couldn't find my glass pie pan, so I just used a casserole dish, which I prefer so the edges don't burn while baking. Super easy, super quick.  Here's the recipe...


Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients:
2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1/2 onion, chopped
1/3 cup butter
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Place one of the pie crusts in your choice of baking dish.  

In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the onions and butter until the onions are soft and translucent.  Stir in the flour, salt and pepper.  Slowly stir in the chicken broth and milk.  Simmer over medium-low heat until bubbly and thickened.  Remove from heat, add the chicken and veggies and stir well.  Pour into the baking dish.  Cover with the top crust, seal the edges and cut away any excess dough.  Make slits in the top of the pie with a knife.  

Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the pastry is brown.  

ENJOY!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment